Dundrum Town Centre, The Ilac Centre And Swords Pavilions To Re-Open On Monday
Published on Jun 11 2020 2:03 PM
Hammerson has announced that its flagship shopping centres in Ireland - Dundrum Town Centre, the Ilac Centre and Swords Pavilions will officially re-open on Monday, 15 June.
The property development and investment company said that the re-opening of the retail destinations will re-open in line with the latest guidance from the Irish Government.
"We have considered carefully how to create an operating environment that allows the centre and brands to reopen safely," said Mark Bourgeois, managing director UK & Ireland at Hammerson.
Selected restaurant brands will continue to be available for takeaway and delivery, with further guidance expected from the Government in the coming weeks on when these venues can reopen for dine-in customers, and when leisure operators can re-open, the company said.
The business has introduced a range of measures to keep its customers safe at its shopping centres.
- Introduction of one way systems where required
- Clear signage throughout the destinations reminding consumers of the need to follow social distancing guidance, and to avoid shopping in large groups
- Customers are encouraged to wear face coverings when visiting the centre
- Using the centres’ communication channels including social media, digital in-mall displays and tannoy announcements to remind visitors about how to stay safe
- Enhanced cleaning processes, with a clear focus on key customer touch points
- Live monitoring of footfall to ensure there aren’t too many people in a centre at any one time
- Introduction of queuing outside the destinations where required to manage capacity
- Installation of fixed hand sanitiser stations within each destination
- Customers will be encouraged to use contactless payment with retailers for transactions
“Throughout our destinations we will display clear information for consumers on how to shop in this new environment, and we will also be monitoring visitor numbers, to ensure there are never too many people in our spaces at any one time,” he added.
© 2020 Checkout – your source for the latest Irish retail news. Article by Donna Ahern. Click sign-up to subscribe to Checkout.