Subscribe Login
Retail

Did You Know...? 18 January 2022

Did you know...? Portuguese seafood business Brasmar Group has acquired a majority stake in Sedisal, a French distributor of refrigerated seafood products. The acquisition of 51% of Sedisal (with a call option on the remaining 49%) will enable Brasmar to consolidate its operations in French-speaking markets, boosting sales in both the refrigerated and frozen product business, the company said in a statement.

Did you know...? This Wednesday (19 January) and next Wednesday (26 January) frontline workers can enjoy 50% off a dozen box of made fresh daily, melt-in-your-mouth doughnuts from select Krispy Kreme outlets. The offer is available at Blanchardstown & Swords Pavilions Krispy Kreme stores and the Krispy Kreme Rocket at Dundrum Town Centre. Those who work for the HSE fire fighters, the social care sector, Gardaí and The Defense Forces can avail of the offer. To redeem a customer must show valid emergency services ID, including HSE, social care, fire, gardai, defence forces.

Did you know...? Food ingredients maker Chr Hansen on Thursday posted first-quarter organic revenue growth well above forecasts, helped by a rebound in sales of probiotics used by people to support the immune system. Its shares, which were down some 12% over the past year before the market opened, rose as much as 6.5% in early trade on the Copenhagen stock exchange.

2022 Checkout – your source for the latest Irish retail news. Article by Donna Ahern. For more retail news click here. Click sign up to subscribe to Checkout.

Stay Connected With Our Weekly Newsletter

Processing your request...

Thanks! please check your email to confirm your subscription.

By signing up you are agreeing to our Terms & Conditions and Privacy Policy
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days
Enjoy full access to Checkout Magazine, our weekly email news digest, access to all website and app content, and the latest digital magazine for a full 30 days.
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days
Enjoy full access to Checkout Magazine, our weekly email news digest, access to all website and app content, and the latest digital magazine for a full 30 days.
Enjoy unlimited digital access for 30 days