Britvic Ireland has been awarded Origin Green Gold Membership for 2021.
The soft drinks manufacturer will be joining a committed group of leading food and drink companies who have been recognised and celebrated by Bord Bia’s Origin Green programme for 'excelling in their sustainability targets and demonstrating best-in-class environmental performance among their peers.'
Kevin Donnelly, managing director, Britvic Ireland, paid tribute to the team effort involved in achieving the award.
"It’s a privilege to receive gold accreditation and a recognition of the hard work of the whole team at Britvic Ireland," he said.
"We have set exacting sustainability targets, which are transforming every aspect of our business. Today’s award gives us encouragement that we are on the right path to achieving our goals," Donnelly added.
Origin Green Accreditation
Since first achieving Origin Green accreditation Britvic Ireland has made major breakthroughs in sustainability across all areas of the portfolio including:
· Reducing Sugar: 43% reduction in calories per serve achieved through a combination of sugar reduction, consumer education, and the launch of low sugar options such as Club Zero.
· Reducing Waste: achieving zero waste to landfill across Britvic Ireland sites
· Reducing Emissions: a move to 100% renewable electricity in manufacturing
· Reducing Water: 25% reduction in water footprint
· Supporting Packaging Circularity: achieving 100% recyclable consumer packaging and step-changing the use of recycled materials with Ballygowan in 100% recycled PET bottles.
· Supporting Local Communities: Providing support to a variety of local charities and grassroots sport, including raising €2.8 million to date through the Miwadi Trick or Treat for Temple Street campaign.