Strawberries And Cream Is The Summer Dream
Strawberries and cream is Ireland's favourite summer treat according to a recent survey conducted by Anonmore which found that 36% of Irish men and women prefer the well-known combo when it comes to dessert in the summer months. In fact, strawberries and cream are so popular that 70% of respondents plan on eating it at least once a week this summer.
Pavlova was a close runner-up in the dessert stakes with 33% of the vote. Elsewhere, the wide-ranging survey also found that the most popular side dish when having a barbecue at home is baked potatoes and sour cream.
The Avonmore survey coincides with the re-launch of its limited edition Summer Whipped Cream which will make its imminent return to supermarket shelves ahead of a potentially sun-kissed summer.
Other findings from the survey included:
- One third of us (32%) still prefer to spend our summer holidays at home with the Ring of Kerry named as the favourite spot for people to escape to in Ireland during the summer months (39%), followed by Galway City (21%).
- Sun cream was named as the number one travel essential people cannot do without (53%), followed by a good book (22%).
- 39% say the 2016 Olympics is their most anticipated sporting event this summer, followed closely by the Euros (29%) and the summer classic Wimbledon (26%).
- TV presenter Kathryn Thomas was named as the top female celebrity we would like to share our summer treat with (18%), narrowly beating TV3’s Lucy Kennedy (16%), Laura Whitmore (15%) and Vogue Williams (11%).
- Actor Michael Fassbender is the male celebrity of choice (26%), just ahead of Bressie, who achieved 24% of the vote.
© 2016 - Checkout Magazine by Niall Swan