Tayto made it a 60th birthday year to remember at the annual Checkout National FMCG Awards, in association with [email protected]
The celebrated crisp brand won the annual Checkout ‘Brand Legacy’ award at the event, which commemorates grocery brands that have stood the test of time and continue to offer both excitement and new product innovation to Irish consumers.
Tayto was founded in 1954, and is currently part of the Largo Foods stable of brands, alongside fellow snack favourites Hunky Dorys and King.
Commenting on Tayto’s achievement, Paul O’Donnell, Managing Director of event title sponsor [email protected] said, “We are delighted to celebrate Tayto’s 60th anniversary at the Checkout National FMCG Awards in association with [email protected] It is a source of great pride that our highly experienced team has supported the fantastic success of Tayto by providing field marketing services for the past eight years.”
Tayto was just one of 21 award winners at the Checkout National FMCG Awards, which was held at the Four Seasons Hotel, Dublin. The annual event celebrates excellence in grocery retail and FMCG marketing.
Other notable winners on the day included Heineken, winner in both the Branded Supplier of the Year and Best Advertising Campaign (Outdoor) categories, Britvic Ireland, which took home prizes in the Best Sponsorship/Brand Association (By A FMCG Brand) and Best Merchandising & In-Store Support categories (alongside CPM Ireland), and Avonmore, which took home the award for Best New Product Launch (Beverage) for its Protein Milk.
Retail winners on the day included Lidl for its ‘Secret Garden’ installation in Dublin’s Meeting House Square (Best Sponsorship By A Retailer / Symbol Group), Spar operator BWG Foods (Best Logistics Provider / Third Party Distributor, for its National Distribution Centre) and Londis, for its ‘Local Like You’ advertising campaign (Best Advertising Campaign (Broadcast/TV/Radio)).
Pictured is Mr Tayto receiving the Checkout Brand Legacy Award from Eugene McLoughlin (centre) and Paul O’Donnell from [email protected], at the 2014 Checkout National FMCG Awards, in association with [email protected] Photo by Paul Sherwood.
Click here for an online photo gallery from the day.
FULL LIST OF CATEGORIES & WINNERS
1. Best Green Supplier / Most Eco-Friendly SupplierFlahavan’s
2. Best Sponsorship By A Retailer / Symbol Group, sponsored by Heineken Lidl ‘Secret Garden’
3. Best Sponsorship / Brand Association (by an FMCG Brand)Club ‘Anchorman 2’
4. Best Shopper Marketing Campaign, sponsored by GS1 IrelandRichmond Marketing/Tesco Ireland ‘Red Bull Cliff Diving World Series’ 5. Best Product RelaunchMcVitie’s Biscuit Range
6. Best Sales Team / Field Sales Support, sponsored by BrandbankLargo Foods
7. Best Logistics Provider / Third Party Distributor, sponsored by GS1 IrelandBWG Foods National Distribution Centre
8. Best Charitable Initiative By A Supplier Or Retailer‘Feeding Ireland’s Future 2014’ ECR Ireland & Dept of Social Protection
9. Most Improved Brand, in association with NielsenBrady Family Ham
10. Best Merchandising and In-Store Support, sponsored by Sweetspot SourcingCPM & Britvic Ireland
11. Best New Product Launch (Beverage)Avonmore Protein Milk
12. Best New Product Launch (Non-Food), sponsored by CashguardUnilever Compressed Deodorants Range – Male Range
13. Best New Product Launch (Food)Birds Eye Inspirations
14. Best Advertising Campaign (Outdoor), sponsored by Clear ChannelHeineken ‘Sound Atlas’
15. Best Advertising Campaign (Online/Digital), sponsored by BrandbankGalaxy ‘Style Exchange’
16. Best Advertising Campaign (Broadcast/TV/Radio)Londis ‘Local Like You’
17. Best Integrated Campaign, sponsored by McCann BlueCoca-Cola ‘Share A Coke’
18. Branded Supplier of the Year (Alcohol), sponsored by [email protected] Ireland
19. Branded Supplier of the Year (Non-Food)SCA Ireland
20. Branded Supplier of the Year (Food and Beverage), sponsored by InteractSMSMars Ireland
21. Checkout Brand Legacy Award, sponsored by [email protected]’s 60th Birthday