Retail Intelligence

Almost Three Quarters Of Us Don’t Eat Our Five A Day

By Donna Ahern
Almost Three Quarters Of Us Don’t Eat Our Five A Day

73% of Irish residents do not each the recommended daily allowance of fruit and vegetable according to a report issued by Food Safety last week. This leaves 27% of us sticking to the rules but the report also showed that majority of this number is made up with females who compared to males consume the recommended five daily portions of fruit and vegetables.

The Safe Food ‘Healthy Ireland Survey 2016’ was launched last Thursday by Marcella Corcoran Kennedy, Minister of State at the Department of Health.

The annual survey involved 7,500 people aged 15 and over living in Ireland. Interviews took place between September 2015 and May 2016. The survey provides up-to-date information on the health of the nation.

Another interesting finding from the report is 74% of people living in Ireland eat breakfast every day which indicates that a small positive trend towards healthier behaviours exists.

© 2016 - Checkout Magazine by Donna Ahern



Stay Connected With Our Weekly Newsletter

Processing your request...

Thanks! please check your email to confirm your subscription.