Aldi Ireland has announced well-known TV chef and founder of Ballyknocken House & Cookery School Catherine Fulvio, as its chef ambassador for the Christmas season.
The award-winning celebrity chef will be bringing Aldi customers a range of easy recipes as well as her industry knowledge, the discounter said.
Speaking about the partnership, Fulvio said, “When Aldi approached me to see if I would be interested in coming on board this festive season it was a no-brainer!"
"Working with key, Irish ingredients and the amazing suppliers that we have in Ireland has always been a huge priority for me, so it just made sense working with Aldi and all of the amazing, Irish quality ingredients that they stock on their shelves," she said.
"I’ve been lucky enough to catch a glimpse of the products available throughout Aldi stores nationwide this Christmas, and I hope that Aldi customers enjoy all of the festive recipes I have up my sleeve for the party season - hosting a celebration this party season will have never been easier. I can’t wait to get stuck in,” Fulvio added.
Fulvio noted, “Christmas is one of my favourite times of the year, and I’m really looking forward to sharing all of my festive recipes and top tips that I have up my sleeve."
Following are five of Fulvio's Christmas entertaining top tips:
- Preparation is key when entertaining over Christmas. I always like to have as many elements of my dishes chopped and prepped in advance, leaving me feeling relaxed and allowing more time to chat with my guests!
- Fresh herbs are an easy way to bring added colour and flavour to your dishes. Whether it’s to flavour your choice of meat, sprinkled on roasted vegetables or simply added as a garnish to your Christmas cocktail – fresh herbs are extremely versatile and make any dish look impressive.
- Homemade soup, glammed up with tasty toppings from spicy pumpkin see mix to crumbled Irish goats cheese croutons is a very impressive starter dish, and can be frozen a week in advance, and simply defrosted hours before you need it, saving you time and fuss – and sure to impress your family and friends.
- Grazing boards are one of my favourite dishes to prepare in advance of a cocktail evening with friends. I like to add lots of different cheeses, fresh fruits, nuts, crackers, and cured meats so that there’s something for everyone to enjoy and nibble while they enjoy a tipple.
- A well-dressed table always adds to any celebration, so keep your eyes peeled in the lead up to Christmas for pretty serving dishes, eye catching glassware and cloth napkins from Aldi’s middle aisle that will bring your festive entertaining to the next level.”
“Catherine [Fulvio] has years of experience and a wealth of industry knowledge to share with our customers," commented John Curtin, group buying director at Aldi Ireland.
"Aldi’s Christmas range is stacked with award winning products so this year is our best yet, including a variety of luxurious products from our trusted Irish suppliers," he said.