Ireland’s premier awards for fresh food retailing, the Checkout Best in Fresh awards, has joined forces with the leading awards for suppliers to the industry, the National Retail Supplier awards, to create the National Grocery Retail Awards.
Last month, Checkout announced that the inaugural National Grocery Retail Awards would take place online in December 2020. Following the government announcement on 19 October that the country is moving to Level 5 restrictions for six weeks, and given the rigorous two-stage judging process that we operate, which includes store visits, we have decided to defer the awards presentation until February 2021.
The deadline for receipt of entries is today (Monday) 16 November, 2020.
The new National Grocery Retail Awards continue the important work carried out by our previous two awards - they highlight best in class retailing and honour the companies and suppliers that help Ireland’s pioneering stores and retail chains to achieve levels of service and product excellence that set them apart from their competitors.
However, the National Grocery Retail Awards will also include a number of new and exciting categories, including the award for Ireland’s Retail Group of the Year, Ireland’s Best Off-Licence, Ireland’s Best Cash & Carry, Ireland’s Best Sustainability Initiative, Ireland’s Best Private Label Range, and Ireland’s Best Fresh Food Retail Chain.
By amalgamating these awards, and adding some new award categories, Checkout is creating the most prestigious and inclusive awards for the grocery retail sector in Ireland. As such, the National Grocery Retail Awards is set to become one of the most eagerly anticipated events in the Irish grocery retail calendar.
There are numerous benefits for companies that enter or win a category in the National Grocery Retail Awards. These include:
- Being recognised as best in class – achieving success in the NGRAs will help you company or store to stand out from the crowd
- Increasing business enquiries, revenue and footfall – a winner’s emblem highlighting your achievements will distinguish your store or company from local and national competition
- Boosting employee morale – being successful in the NGRAs will send a positive message to employees that their store or company is doing well and will further enhance the pride that they already have in their work
- Bolstering employee retention and recruitment – these awards recognise the employees’ contribution to the success of the business
- Heightening brand awareness – being nominated for, or winning, a National Grocery Retail award is a cost-effective way of raising brand awareness and sending a positive message to clients and customers, reassuring them that they are making the right choice.
Individual Retail Store Awards
Ireland’s Best Off-Licence
Ireland’s Best Cash & Carry
Ireland’s Best Forecourt
Ireland’s Best Convenience Store
Ireland’s Best Supporter of Local Community Initiatives
Ireland’s New Store Build of the Year
Ireland’s Independent/Non-Affiliated Retailer of the Year
Ireland’s Best Food-To-Go Offering
Ireland’s Best Deli Offering
Ireland’s Best In-Store Off-Licence
Ireland’s Best Fresh Meat Offering
Ireland’s Best Fresh Fish/Seafood Offering
Ireland’s Best Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Offering
Ireland’s Best Fresh Bakery Offering
Ireland’s Best Fresh Dairy Offering
Ireland’s Best Sustainability Initiative
Ireland’s Best Non-Affiliated Fresh Food Retailer
Ireland’s Most Creative Fresh Food Retailer
Excellence in Fresh Food Retailing in a Supermarket
– over 15,000 square feet
- 10,000 – 15,000 square feet
- 4,000 - 10,000 square feet
- less than 4,000 square feet
Excellence in Fresh Food Retailing in a Convenience Store
Excellence in Fresh Food Retailing in a Forecourt Store
Excellence in Fresh Food Retailing in a Discounter Store
Ireland’s Best Large Supermarket Chain
Ireland’s Best Medium Supermarket chain
Ireland’s Best Small Supermarket Chain
Ireland’s Retail Group of the Year
Ireland’s Discounter of the Year
Ireland’s Best Fresh Food Retail Chain
Ireland’s Best Supporter of Local Suppliers
Ireland’s Best Private Label Range
Ireland’s Best Shop Equipment Supplier
Ireland’s Best Technology/Software Provider
Ireland’s Best Recruitment Provider
Ireland’s Best Fresh Produce Supplier
Ireland’s Best Deli Supplier
For further information on Checkout’s National Grocery Retail Awards, please contact Colette O’Brien on (01) 236 5823 or email: [email protected].
How do I enter?
To enter an award category or categories, please visit www.groceryretailawards.com where you will find a description of the criteria for each category. Just click the apply button and you will be asked to fill out a short online application form.
The deadline for receipt of entries is now Monday, 16 November 2020.
© 2020 Checkout Magazine – your source for the latest retail news.