Aldi has announced this year’s six winners of its Grow with Aldi Supplier Development Programme.
The artisan food and drink producers were part of 45 suppliers that won a place on the programme earlier this year.
This year's winners includes:
- Dromod Boxty (Dromod, Co Leitrim)
- Saturday Pizzas (Little Island, Co Cork)
- Hellbent Boerewors Sausage (Newtownards, Co Down)
- The Popcorn Factory Candy Floss (Coleraine, Co Derry)
- Prokulture Organic Kombucha (Sallins, Co Kildare)
- The Piccolo Pizza Co Pizza Sauce (Kilcoole, Co Wicklow)
Over 75 Products
The 45 suppliers produced over 75 products between them, which went onto the shelves in Aldi in at the end of May for two weeks.
“Now in its third year, Grow with Aldi has consistently delivered for everyone involved," said John Curtin, group buying director, Aldi.
"Small and medium sized Irish suppliers get the opportunity to have their product sold nationally, shoppers get to enjoy the best Irish-made products being created, and Aldi gets to work with even more Irish suppliers," he added.
Aldi has invested over €2.5 million in the Grow with Aldi programme since it began in 2018.
Developed in partnership with Bord Bia, Grow with Aldi supports small and medium sized Irish suppliers to gain exposure and experience with a major retailer in Ireland.
© 2020 Checkout – your source for the latest Irish retail news. Article by Donna Ahern. Click sign-up to subscribe to Checkout.