CLICK HERE for details about the 2015 Checkout National FMCG Awards
**** EVENT HAS ENDED****
The 2014 Checkout National FMCG Awards, in association with eXPD8@tradewins take place at the Four Seasons, Dublin, on Friday 7th November.
Now in their fifth year, the Checkout National FMCG Awards are designed to recognise best practice in sales, marketing, sponsorship and advertising in the FMCG sector. The Awards will examine areas including new product development (NPD), best-in-class merchandising and sales support, innovation in advertising and marketing, and sponsorships by both retailers and suppliers.
Awards will be presented in 22 categories this year, covering all areas of FMCG marketing and innovation.
Special thanks to our Title Sponsor for this year's event, eXPD8@tradewins, as well as our Category Sponsors: McCann Blue, GS1 Ireland, Brandbank, InteractSMS and Clear Channel.
ABOUT THE AWARDS LUNCH
The Awards Lunch takes place at the Four Seasons Hotel, Dublin, on Friday 7th November. Tickets for the Awards Lunch are priced at €155 + VAT (Table of 10: €1,350 + VAT). Contact Colette'O'Brien for more information, at 01 2365 823 or [email protected]
Checkout is also running a competition for two tickets for the Ireland vs South Africa rugby match, scheduled to take place at the Aviva Stadium, Dublin, on Saturday November 8 (the day after the Checkout National FMCG Awards). Everybody that books a ticket will be entered into a draw to win two premium seats to the match – make sure you secure your place at the event.
As with previous years, live entertainment forms a massive part of the Checkout National FMCG Awards, and this year, we are very proud to announce that the event will host a performance by Oliver Callan (Callan's Kicks, RTE) as part of the day's proceedings.
Awards will be presented in the following categories at the Checkout National FMCG Awards, in association with eXPD8@tradewins. In addition, the Checkout ‘Brand Legacy’ Award will honour a brand that celebrates a notable milestone in 2014.
1. Best Merchandising and In-Store SupportThis award recognises the hard work suppliers undertake to help retailers maximise sales, whether through delivering eye-catching POS material, effective promotions or in-store customer engagement.
2. Best Green Supplier / Most Eco-Friendly SupplierThis award acknowledges suppliers that have displayed strong eco credentials, not just in terms of product formulation, but also in areas like packaging reduction, transport optimisation and strategic environmental thinking.
3. Best Sales Team / Field Sales SupportThis award recognises suppliers that get out there and burn shoe leather in order to support retailers first-hand.
4. Most Improved BrandThis award acknowledges the brands that have gained market share in the past year due to new innovations or product development, range extension and, of course, revenue growth.
5. Best Logistics Provider / Third Party DistributorOpen to supply chain and logistics service providers serving the grocery retail and FMCG industries, this award recognises efficiency, versatility and quality of service, as well as innovation in the logistics arena.
6. Best Sponsorship / Brand Association (by an FMCG Brand)This category showcases examples of ‘a good fit’ between a particular brand and an event / occasion / broadcast being sponsored. Brands that have successfully enhanced their core message, delivered additional sales, and ultimately increased recognition among consumers will be acknowledged here.
7. Best Sponsorship By A Retailer / Symbol GroupOpen to retailers only, this category is the same as Category 8, except it acknowledges retailer associations with particular events/occasions/programmes.
8. Branded Supplier of the Year (Food and Beverage)The ‘Branded Supplier Of The Year’ categories acknowledge the high level of new product development and merchandising support across the grocery industry. This award recognises food and beverage (excluding alcohol) manufacturers that have really upped their level of support, offered advice on how to drive category sales, and delivered effective promotions for the retailer.
9. Branded Supplier of the Year (Non-Food)As with Category 8, this award acknowledges the hard work being undertaken by suppliers to drive brand growth and deliver effective in-store promotion in the non-food area.
10. Branded Supplier of the Year (Alcohol)Again, as with Category 8 and 9, this acknowledges forward-thinking, successful brands in the alcohol category.
11. Best Charitable Initiative By A Supplier Or RetailerThis category focuses on the most successful initiatives being developed by brands to assist charity campaigns, while also looking at the effectiveness of the campaign in terms of creating interest among the general public.
12. Best New Product Launch (Food)The ‘Best New Product Launch’ categories recognise innovation across the entire FMCG spectrum. This award recognises food products that have brought innovation to its respective category, brought shoppers back to the category in question, and delivered incremental sales.
13. Best New Product Launch (Non-Food)As with Category 14, this award acknowledges new product development, this time in the Non-Food segment.
14. Best New Product Launch (Beverage)As with Category 14 and 15, this award recognises innovation in the beverage segment - including both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages, and brands that have delivered an uplift for their respective category.
15. Best Advertising Campaign (Print)Acknowledging the variety of advertising mediums through which brands engage with consumers, the ‘Best Advertising Campaign’ award has been split into four this year. This award recognises the best print-based advertising campaign for a brand or retailer over the past 12 months. Includes trade press advertising.
16. Best Advertising Campaign (Broadcast/TV/Radio)As with Category 17, this award is all about acknowledging successful media campaigns; in this case via traditional broadcast media (TV or radio).
17. Best Advertising Campaign (Online/Digital)Online and smartphone marketing is acknowledged with this award, as well as suppliers that have successfully developed forward-thinking social media campaigns, digital media campaigns, mobile campaigns and other digital platforms.
18. Best Advertising Campaign (Outdoor)Outdoor remains a crucial medium for brands to get their message across, and this award recognises the brands that have not only achieved a strong outdoor message via traditional 6-sheet or 48-sheet mediums, but have also pioneered new ways of engaging with the consumer via the Outdoor channel.
19. Best Integrated CampaignThis award commemorates brands that have developed effective marketing strategies and creative campaigns using a combination of channels and/or platforms, designed to engage their specific target markets.
20. Best Shopper Marketing CampaignThe Shopper Marketing industry is being seen as a turning point in how brands engage with consumers, delivering a consistent message right up to the point of purchase. This award acknowledges brands that have successfully delivered a strong shopper marketing proposition, and has been able to see significant sales uplift as a result.
21. Best Product RelaunchThis award recognises the successful relaunch of a product, either following a packaging revamp, product reformulation, or simply to capitalise on the current hunger for nostalgia. Brands that have successfully been reintroduced to the market and delivered a sales uplift are recognised here.
22. Checkout Brand Legacy AwardA ‘Lifetime Achievement’ award for brands, this award recognises a brand that is celebrating a milestone in 2014, yet has still been able to deliver sales growth and new product development on a yearly basis. In short, this award celebrates an FMCG winner that has been able to span generations.
HOW TO ENTER
Businesses wishing to enter the awards can do so by filling out an application form. There is no charge for entry. Please note that the applications process is now CLOSED.
A limited number of award sponsorships are available; CLICK HERE to for further information. For more details contact the Checkout Sales Team at 01 230 0322 or email [email protected]
SECURE YOUR PLACE
Tickets for the 2014 Checkout National FMCG Awards Gala Lunch are available by contacting Colette O’Brien at 01 2565 823 or by emailing [email protected]. Tickets are priced at €155 + VAT (Table of 10: €1,350 + VAT).