Guinness Takes Home Seven Awards From World Beer Awards
Diageo has revealed that Guinness took home seven awards from the World Beer Awards.
The World Beer Awards recognise the very best in all the internationally recognised styles of beer.
The event then promotes the world’s best beers to consumers and trade across the globe.
'Brewing Good Beer'
Guinness’s 7 awards were for;
- Guinness West Indies Porter, which won both Ireland’s and World’s Best Strong Porter
- Hop House 13, which was named Ireland’s Best International Lager
- Pure Brew, which was named Ireland’s best low alcohol.
- Guinness Rye Pale Ale, which was named Ireland’s Best Rye Beer
- Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, which won a gold medal in the Imperial Stout category.
- Guinness Original, which won bronze in Ireland for stout.
Peter Simpson, Guinness Head Brewer, said the group is delighted with its haul.
“It’s great for our dedicated team of brewers to know our work is appreciated by the experts,” Simpson said.
“We love brewing good beer, so we’re especially delighted with our recent winners at the World Beer Awards and look forward to brewing more award-winning beer”
© 2019 Checkout – your source for the latest Irish retail news. Article by Aidan O’Sullivan. Click sign-up to subscribe to Checkout.