Nine Companies Complete Musgrave FoodService Academy Programme
Published on Aug 10 2016 9:21 AM
Nine Irish food and drink companies, including Blanco Nino, Europe’s first producer of authentic corn tortillas, and dairy-free ice cream producer Nobó, have completed the first FoodService Academy programme with Musgrave MarketPlace.
The Academy, consisting of a four-month programme of workshops and mentoring sessions, was set up by Bord Bia and Musgrave MarketPlace to aid the development of small Irish food companies, giving them a unique opportunity to achieve significant growth.
Representatives from each business met with Executive Chef Tom Flavin and the Musgrave sales team, and now have an ongoing relationship with Musgrave in the development of their products. The participating companies will supply products to Musgrave MarketPlace’s 6,000 foodservice customers, ranging from hotels and restaurants to pubs and nursing homes.
Sheena Forde, Trading Director, Musgrave MarketPlace said, “It has been a pleasure working with each and every one of the businesses to date and we have learned a huge amount from them, as well as imparting knowledge from the programme to them. Bord Bia have been a fantastic partner and we are thrilled to announce that plans are already underway for a 2017 FoodService Academy programme.”
The companies that successfully completed the programme are:
• Atlantis Seafood, a family seafood business based in Wexford
• Blanco Nino, Europe’s only producer of authentic corn tortillas and un-fried tortilla chips made in Tipperary
• Coffee House Lane, a Waterford family run coffee roaster
• Lily’s Tea Shop, blenders of a range of premium, loose leaf teas as well as matcha tea and premium tea pyramids based in Louth
• Nobó, the dairy free ice-cream producer, which is made without any refined sugar, gums or stabilisers
• Maria Lucia Bakes, a Dublin producer of gourmet gluten, wheat and dairy free granola cereals
• Kildare’s Outdoor Oinks, a range of Bord Bia approved pork and bacon products
• Tipperary Kitchen, a family run artisan bakery producing a range of handcrafted meringues, dessert sauces and chocolate biscuit cake
• Wildberry Bakery, an artisan gluten free bakery in Cork
© 2016 - Checkout Magazine by Ingmar Kiang