John Cooney Names Overall Hero 2018 At Musgrave Heroes Awards
John Cooney, Trading Manager, Musgrave Cork was named as Overall Hero for 2018 at the wholesaler’s third annual Musgrave Heroes awards.
In addition to Cooney’s accomplishment, two of his colleagues named as inspirational heroes.
The awards, which celebrate those who bring the Musgrave brand values and culture to life every day, were held last Wednesday at the Powerscourt Hotel, Co Wicklow.
Musgrave’s heroes were nominated by colleagues across the Musgrave network.
The theme for this year’s awards was ‘Inspirational Musgrave Heroes’.
“As Ireland’s largest private-sector employer, our colleagues are incredibly important to us and the future success of our business,” Chris Martin, Musgrave CEO, said.
“These awards were established in 2016 as we celebrated our 140 years in business, and each year we continue to recognise colleagues who are the beating heart of our business. I am delighted to acknowledge the efforts of this year’s inspirational recipients.”
This year, 40 finalists were selected across eight categories, with five finalists in each category which reflected their individual strengths.
The Musgrave Heroes Category Winners are;
1. Best Personal Achievement - Paula Flanagan, Trading Services Manager -Musgrave NI Belfast (front row, 2nd right)
2. Best Stretch Achievement - Simon Ling, Foodservice Sales Manager - Musgrave NI Belfast (back row, 4th right)
3. Leading in the Community - Amy Martin, Receptionist – Musgrave Marketplace, Galway (back row, 1st right)
4. Magical Thinking Brought to Life - Robbie Corrigan, Senior Engineer, IT, Musgrave Cork (not pictured)
5. Most Heroic Action - Pawel Wajdzik, Depot Operative and Trainer, Musgrave Kilcock (not pictured)
6. Most Inspiring Personality - Heidi Fitzgerald, HR Manager, Musgrave Lucan, (back row, 5th left)
7. The Customer’s Hero – John Cooney, Trading Manager Musgrave Cork (front row, 5th left)
8. Best Brand Ambassador – Clodagh Thompson, Communications, Musgrave Cork (front row, 7th left)
© 2019 Checkout – your source for the latest Irish retail news. Article by Aidan O’Sullivan. Click subscribe to sign up for the Checkout print edition.