Musgrave MarketPlace announced today (22 March) that Waterford scooped the Region of the Year award at its sixth annual Region of the Year awards, which took place 24 February at Dunboyne Castle Hotel and Spa in Co Meath.
The winning branch is managed by Brian Jacob and it was award the top prize based on its performance over the past year, most notably its outstanding sales performances, QA audits, mystery shopper scores, and employee engagement results.
According to Brian Jacob, general manager of the Waterford branch, “All of us at the Waterford branch are delighted to have been awarded Region of the Year. The award is a testament to the hard work every employee here has put in over the past year to make our store the best it can be.
"Our staff has worked continuously to drive sales and improve the wholesale experience, and we are honoured to receive this recognition." Jacob added.
The awards ceremony provides an opportunity for the wholesaler 'to show its appreciation of the contribution that its employees make to the business each year.'
Noel Keeley, Managing Director of Musgrave Wholesale Partners, added: “The Region of the Year Awards are a great time for us to recognise excellence across our divisions and the success that teams as well as individuals have had in 2016.
"We are looking forward to the year ahead and continuing in our mission to be the leader in wholesaling and convenience retailing across the island of Ireland.” He said.
Other awards announced on the night recognised outstanding employees for their dedication to their team and outstanding customer service.
The full list of Region of the Year winners is as follows:
· Region of the Year Winner: Waterford
· Region of the Year Runner Up: Limerick
· Central Support Colleague of the Year ROI: Siobhain Conroy
· Central Support Colleague of the Year NI: Joanne Scott
· Commercial Colleague of the Year ROI: Caroline Murray
· Commercial Colleague of the Year NI: Sharon Pollock
· Warehouse Operative of the Year ROI: Marcin Kazmierczak
· Warehouse Operative of the Year NI: Will Graham
· Driver of the Year ROI: Mindaugas Jateika
· Driver of the Year NI: Paul Dobbin
· Mail my MD: Tony Brennan
· Best Kaizen Idea: Deirdre Tobin, David Aide, Gavin Martin
· Customer Service Winner ROI: Martin Tobin
· Customer Service Winner NI: Sean Flood
· Perfect Attendance: Mike Kenny
· Customer Service Champions: Artur Arkit, Martin Tobin, John Kelly, Pat Drake, George O’Callaghan, Robert Mikolajczyk, Danny Creed, Leanne Gilsenan, Sean Flood, Sharon Thompson, Dwyer Conway.
A total of 159 Musgrave Wholesale Partners colleagues in attendance at this year’s ceremony.
© 2017 - Checkout Magazine by Donna Ahern