The National Off-Licence Association (NOffLA) has announced the winners of its annual Off-Licence of the Year Awards 2021 which is now in its twenty-fifth year.
The Awards, which are usually held at the Honorable Society of King’s Inns, was hosted online this year in accordance with COVID-19 restrictions.
According to NOffLA, the awards recognise and showcase excellence in the independent off-licence sector, which represents 315 specialist businesses throughout the country.
The awards highlight those retailers that offer exceptional service to customers and demonstrate excellence in retail standards, it added.
NOffLA chairman, Gary O’Donovan said of the standard of entries this year, “Seeing the commitment of our members to their businesses and customers has made us incredibly proud of the independent off-licence sector, in particular over the last year. Their levels of professionalism are to be commended and this is what the NOffLA Awards strive to recognise."
The Awards, which included 37 finalists, saw Molloys Liquor Store awarded ‘National Off-Licence of the Year 2021’, O’Donovan’s Off-Licence Group win ‘Responsible Retailer of the Year 2021’ and 64 Wine win ‘Food Retailer Off-Licence of the Year 2021’.
Other awards on the night included:
- The Champagne Ayala Best First Time Entrant 2021 – Carry Out Tramore, Co. Wexford
- The Peroni Nastro Food Retailer Off-Licence of the Year 2021 – 64 Wine, Glasthule, Co. Dublin
- The El Coto Customer Service Award of the Year 2021 – O’Donovan’s Off-Licence, Riversdale Shopping Centre, Midleton, Co. Cork
- The Redbreast Spirit Specialist of the Year 2021 – Jus de Vine, Portmarnock, Co. Dublin
- The Guinness Beer Specialist of the Year 2021 – Galvins Carry Out Carrigaline, Co. Cork
- The Dona Paula Wine Specialist of the Year 2021 – McHugh’s Off-Licence Malahide Road, Artane, Dublin 5
- The Hennessy Munster Off-Licence of the Year 2021 – Carry Out The Reeks, Killarney, Co. Kerry
- The Drumshanbo Gunpowder Irish Gin Connacht/Ulster Off-Licence of the Year 2021 – Dicey’s Off-Licence, Ballyshannon, Co. Donegal
- The Alpha Zeta Leinster Off-Licence of the Year 2021 – Mary B’s, Arklow, Co. Wicklow
- The Bombay Sapphire Dublin Off-Licence of the Year 2021 –Blackrock Cellar, Blackrock, Co. Dublin
- The NOffLA RTC Online Trainee of the Year 2021 – Stephen Nugent, Carry Out Kilcullen, Co. Kildare
- The NOffLA Responsible Retailer of the Year 2021 –O’Donovan’s Off-Licence Group
- The NOffLA National Off-Licence of the Year 2021 – Molloys Liquor Store, Francis Street, The Liberties, Dublin 8
© 2021 Checkout – your source for the latest Irish retail news. Click sign up to subscribe to Checkout.