With almost 220 stores in towns and villages throughout Ireland, the Gala Group offers retailers the opportunity to run their business as part of a retailer partnership.
This partnership offers them the resources, support and knowledge of a national symbol group with over 25 years of convenience retailing experience.
The Gala Group was formed in 1998 by a group of Irish wholesalers who had the vision to develop a new style of convenience retailing that put Irish communities at the heart of its operations.
And in 2023, this vision remains constant.
Gala stores are owned locally and supported by the strength and expertise of a network of wholesalers and the personnel team at Gala HQ.
Gala stores are renowned for their commitment to the local communities in which they operate, and the Gala Group believes that retailers know what their communities want and need from their local convenience store.
Using a collaborative process, the Gala model allows its retailers to tailor their offerings to meet the needs of their local customers, and it is proving to be a winning formula.
Why Join The Gala Group?
Be part of a modern, innovative, well recognised brand Nationally recognised, the Gala brand is vibrant, fresh and contemporary and has become synonymous with the highest levels of customer service, a wide selection of grocery products, and innovative fresh food offerings and concepts.
Local Relationship/Dual Levels Of Support
Gala retailers are linked to a network of wholesalers, along with head office support, forging a relationship that ensures retailers are supplied with all category needs.
They also benefit from the support and advice of an established and experienced wholesaler. Working with the Gala Group, wholesalers support national promotions to stores throughout the year in conjunction with tailored promotions specific to stores.
Support From The Team At Gala Retail
The expert team at Gala HQ have a wealth of knowledge and experience, which they bring to bear in providing support, advice and assistance to retailers for every facet of their business, along with imaginative and innovative retail solutions.
A retail partnership with Gala offers retailers access to a number of benefits:
• A retail partnership with a modern, innovative, Irish symbol group
• State-of-the-art store image
• Innovative store design tea
• Dedicated Fresh Food and Retail Operations Executive for each store
• A support structure unmatched by other groups
• Wholesaler support
• Full chilled distribution offering
• Competitive fees
• Strong rebate structure
• Unique marketing retailer programme incorporating national promotions, sponsorships, and charity partnerships
• Financial analysis of your business
• Online training systems and resources • Automated HACCP controls
• Head office and IT support
• Regular training workshops, including dedicated food safety programmes
Gala Retail prides itself on its fresh food offerings and its innovative and growing range of own brand concepts, which are proven to drive sales and footfall for its retailers and stores.
As a Gala retailer, the storeowner can expect the following support and benefits when it comes to introducing fresh food offerings:
• Extensive knowledge and experience across all areas of fresh foods
• Fresh food executives to aid and consult with range and offerings
• Delivering additional sales with high margin
• Access to exclusive Gala brand fresh food concepts, including Baker’s Corner, Coffee Junction, New Street Deli, Galato chilled desserts and ice-cream offering, Blissimo Pizza and Distill - unique selling points that differentiate Gala retailers from their competitors
• Full offering across CB suppliers
• Constant innovation and development across all categories within your store which can be tailored to differentiate yourself from your competitors
If you’re just starting out with your store or you feel like it’s time for an update or refurbishment, Gala can help with that too. The team at Gala Retail offer assistance to Gala retailers in a number of areas including:
• Store plan and layout
• Services plan
• Financial planning
• Equipment sourcing and price tenders from approved suppliers
• Contract management • Staff training
• Store opening timeline
The Gala Group Is Growing, So Join It On The Journey...
With 220 strong stores in the Gala Group, including Gala and Gala Express stores, the Gala Group is growing.
If you are looking to grow your business with the support, resources and expertise of a progressive national symbol group that can help you to realise your success with fresh thinking, imagination and innovative concepts, get in touch with Gala Retail.
Contact it (045) 910066 or visit Gala.ie/franchise to find out more about joining the Gala Group.
Read More: Gala Retail Strikes New Sponsorship Deal With Starcamp
© 2023 Checkout – your source for the latest Irish retail news. For more A-brand news, click here. Click subscribe to sign up for the Checkout print edition.